Please leave a comment in the blog comment section below if you want to join the Spiritual Friendship by Wesley Hill book club. You are welcome to comment anonymously.
Spiritual Friendship explores gay celibate friendships or partnerships of Christians who are committed to a high view of Scripture and God’s design for sex and marriage to be for a man and a woman. The book club will be a place we can respectfully wrestle with, debate, and converse with Wesley’s thought-provoking and challenging ideas. It’s more than okay to disagree and give challenges as we sharpen each other in our understanding. Noah will be interviewing Wesley on the Flip Side Podcast in January and book club members will be welcomed to send in their questions for Wesley to answer.
Wesley Hill is associate professor of New Testament at Trinity School for Ministry in Ambridge, Pennsylvania and a priest associate at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, Pittsburgh. His PhD in New Testament is from Durham University in the UK. He is the author of Washed and Waiting: Reflections on Christian Faithfulness and Homosexuality (Zondervan, second edition 2016), Paul and the Trinity: Persons, Relations, and the Pauline Letters (Eerdmans, 2015), Spiritual Friendship: Finding Love in the Church as a Celibate Gay Christian (Brazos, 2015), and The Lord’s Prayer: A Guide to Praying to Our Father (Lexham, 2019). A contributing editor for Comment magazine, he writes regularly for Christianity Today, The Living Church, and other publications. (See all of Wesley’s book here) . You can follow Wesley on Twitter @wesleyhill
- Leave a comment in the blog comment section below if you want to join the book club
- You need to pick up your copy of the book
- Noah will post his reflections on Chapters 1 & 2 of Spiritual Friendship on Nov. 16th. You will have until Nov. 23rd to post your reflections on the chapter and/or interact with Noah’s. You will write your post in the blog comment section of Noah’s Chapters 1 & 2 reflection blog post.
- Your chapters 3 & 4 reflections will be due on December 14th and chapters 5 & 6 will be due on January 4th, following the same format as above.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I’d love to have you in the book club. -Noah
- How I’m Making Room to Pastor, Write, and Help Men Find Freedom from Porn - October 3, 2023
- Ep. 87: Dr. Peter Sung on the Post-Church Church - September 20, 2023
- Ep. 86: Cameron Horner on Disability in the Church and if God Still Heals - August 25, 2023