Listen below or subscribe on iTunes or Google Play
In addition to our audio podcast, you can now watch The Flip Side on YouTube: https://youtu.be/mC2u6m13T5M
This is Part 2 of a two-part series with Pastor Jack and Becky’s story that began in Episode 67 of the Flip Side. Please go back and listen to Episode 67 before listening to Episode 69.
In this episode, Noah interviews Pastor Jack and Becky Sytsema on being in a mixed orientation marriage where Becky is straight and Jack is not. Jack and Becky are church planters who planted Lake Effect Church in Grand Rapids, MI, where Jack serves as the senior pastor. Jack and Becky have been married 26 years. For the first 23 years of marriage, Jack desperately wanted to believe he was “ex-gay”. Similar marriages often end in divorce. Listen to how Jack and Becky’s marriage actually thrived, as well as the personal health Jack found by no longer hiding from his wife or his church. This is a rich conversation about Jack and Becky’s story, about the covenant of marriage, and about how the Church needs to treat LGBTQ+ people.
Leave a Review on iTunes
1. Open the Podcasts app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
2. You can find “The Flip Side by Noah Filipiak” by searching for it or selecting it from your library. Just note that you’ll have to go to the series page which shows all the episodes, not just the page for a single episode.
3. Scroll down to find the subhead titled “Ratings & Reviews.”
4. Under one of the highlighted reviews, select “Write a Review.”
Flip Side Notes:
Join an upcoming Beyond the Battle online group at www.beyondthebattle.net
Support Flip Side sponsor Angry Brew by using promo code FLIP at angrybrew.com or fivelakes.com to pick up some Angry Brew or Chris’ Blend coffee at 10% off.
Get a free month of Covenant Eyes at www.covenanteyes.com using promo code BEYOND
Email the show at email@example.com
Support the show and get some sweet swag by becoming a patron at www.patreon.com/noahfilipiak
- The Flip Side Podcast Feedback Survey - March 20, 2023
- Why Christians meet for church on Sundays instead of a Saturday Sabbath - February 22, 2023
- Ep. 78: The Flip Side Goes On Sabbatical - February 21, 2023
Leave a Reply