Listen below or subscribe on iTunes or Google Play
In addition to our audio podcast, you can now watch The Flip Side on YouTube: https://youtu.be/0sfUSUyktkE
Noah intros the topic of LGBTQ+ people and theology as a lead up to Pastor Jack Systema’s testimony sermon. This sermon is Noah’s top resource for helping understand a biblical view of sexuality and compassion for LGBTQ+ people. It’s nuanced and doesn’t fit into the prescribed categories of the current theological debates (Jesus wasn’t good at fitting into prescribed categories either…).
In our next Flip Side episode, Noah will be interviewing Jack and his wife Becky. You can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jack Sytsema is lead pastor at Lake Effect Church in Grand Rapids, MI. As a native of Grand Rapids it would be easy to think he didn’t venture far from home. But he’s lived in California, where he graduated from Fuller Theological Seminary; Colorado Springs, where he interned and eventually became Dean of Wagner Leadership Institute; Melbourne, FL where he was CFO of a large medical practice and non-profit for individuals with developmental disabilities. God eventually brought him back to West Michigan where he and his wife, Becky, planted Lake Effect Church in 2016. Jack and Becky have been married for 25 years and live with their three sons in Zeeland, Michigan.
Leave a Review on iTunes
1. Open the Podcasts app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
2. You can find “The Flip Side by Noah Filipiak” by searching for it or selecting it from your library. Just note that you’ll have to go to the series page which shows all the episodes, not just the page for a single episode.
3. Scroll down to find the subhead titled “Ratings & Reviews.”
4. Under one of the highlighted reviews, select “Write a Review.”
Flip Side Notes:
Join an upcoming Beyond the Battle online group at www.beyondthebattle.net
Get a free month of Covenant Eyes at www.covenanteyes.com using promo code BEYOND
Email the show at email@example.com
- Ep. 69: Pastor Jack and Becky Sytsema on being in a mixed orientation marriage and how the Church should treat LGBTQ+ people - August 8, 2022
- Ep. 68: Thoughts on Hillsong Exposed, The Rise and Fall of Mars Hill, & Willow Creek - July 19, 2022
- The Flip Side Ep. 67: Jack Sytsema shares about being a gay / same sex attracted pastor in a mixed orientation marriage - June 25, 2022